Here is a collection of some interesting articles & papers I stumbled upon last week.
This list is mainly for my own record and allow me to not keep a web browser with more than 20 tabs opened over one month. 🙂
Sure “cloud bookmarks” solutions are great. There is plenty of them out there, and I use them.
But the drawbacks are the following :
– it’s quicker for me to write down that link rather than struggling with folder and tags,
– I would need my credentials or an agent to access my bookmarks,
– it could be lengthy to find back that link 2 years later,
– that link is maybe only needed on a temporary basis or particular context, and do not deserve a bookmark.
Finally, I think it’s easier to share with others over a blog (no need to affiliate on a profile, etc …).
So, after this long introduction, here is “Link Collection #1”.
- RecoverPoint Comes Clean with VPLEX (clearpathsg)
- Interesting use cases for VPLEX (vijay swami)
- A Deeper Look at VPLEX (Scott Lowe)
vMSC (vSphere Metro Streched Cluster)
- vSphere Metro Stretched Cluster with vSphere 5.5 and PDL AutoRemove (longwhiteclouds)
VMFS & VMDK
- Support for virtual machine disks larger than 2 TB in vSphere 5.5 (2058287) (vmware)
- vsphere 5.5 Jumbo VMDK Deep dive (longwhiteclouds)
vSphere, vCenter & vCloud Director 5.5
- VMware vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) 5.5 deployment tips and tricks (ivobeerens)
- Top 10 things you must read about vSphere 5.5 (vsphere land)
Comparison of vCloud Director Maximums 1.5 / 5.1 / 5.5 (virtualizationexpress)
Comparison of vSphere Maximums 5.1 / 5.5 (vsphere land)
- vCenter, vSphere & vCloud Director 5.5 configuration maximums (vmware)
- vCloud Director 5.1 Configuration Maximums (2036392) (vmware)
- vSphere 5.1 configuration maximums (vmware)
Open Source Clouds
- Beyond Chef and Puppet: Ten essential DevOps tools (TechTarget)